I am not a fan of resolutions - the concept and idea of them just seem counter intuitive. The start of a new year does not seem like the time to beat down on one's self and pinpoint the flaws - I think that is part of why resolutions always seem to fail (for me at least). I like to have a positive attitude about the new year and I set goals around learning and experiencing new things that help me grow as a person. I have been able to follow through on those goals because they were made from a place of "I want to improve/gain a skill" versus "I am complete rubbish at XYZ and must change".
In the last month of 2014 and since the beginning of the year, I have really been thinking about some goals for this year, things I hope to accomplish. I started out with an insane (unattainable list) and I have managed to whittle that down in the last week (Pshew). Today, I thought I would share with you, a few things I hope to accomplish this year
- A new blog name, design and more diverse content
- Clear out and revamp my closet
- Declutter, Declutter, Declutter
- Reduce my soda intake by half
- Be consistent with my 3x /week workouts
- Connect with other bloggers
- Travel to four places this year
- Read more - Hoping to read 8 books by end of 2015
- Try something new
- Activity (In-door sky diving - Argh)
- Hair (I have had my hair in braids for the better part of 4.5 years, I think it's time for a change)
- Take a cooking class
- Be better with lightroom and photoshop
- Actually stick to my budget
- Learn to R.E.L.A.X
There are a couple of other things on my list that I am keeping close to the vest (for now). I already started on my goals - so far, so good.
What are some of your goals this year ?