Last week, I shared the memories that made 2015 a memorable year (read here). I thought we'll start off the year with something fun. A round up of the places, things and products that were a cut above the rest.
Travel. 2015 was a year of record travel. I had the time to travel the way I always wanted to during the year. There are cities I will always love (London, Paris), but I got a chance to visit a few other places in 2015. Here are the ones I cannot stop talking about
- South Beach - Miami, Florida
- Bath, United Kingdom
- Barcelona, Spain
Beauty. The ones I repurchased and will not stop recommending to family and friends.
- Foundation: Covergirl Ready Set Georgeous for everyday and L'oreal Paris Infallible Pro Matte 24 hours.
- Concealer: Ruby Kisses Pure Mineral Concealer
- Mascara: Wycon Cosmetics Multi Dimensional Mascara
- For long lasting makeup: Mally Liquid Face Defender Primer and L'oreal Infallible Pro Set & Spray
- Brows: The ELF Instant lift brow pencil is a winner. I have not reached for my Anastasia brow pencil since I picked this up.
- Tools: Beauty Blender and ELF Studio Concealer brush
- Scents: Diptyque and Elizabeth + James Black Nirvana
- Skincare: First Aid Beauty for the win - I especially love the Facial Radiance Overnight mask and Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay
- Others : Donna Karen Cashmere Mist Deodorant | Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment (for hair)
Food: Some of my favorite culinary experiences in 2015 were at
- Thairrific , Dallas
- Cafe Paris, Monte Carlo
- Brunch at Jack loves Frieda, NYC
- The Breakfast Club, London
- Zadel's , London
- Dinner at Edy's , Rome
- Borough Market , London. Don't leave without trying the Duck Confi sanwich from Le Marche du Quartier
- Empanada's at La Boqueria Market, Barcelona
Culture. TV watching and Movies were at a minimum last year and by the end of the year I had cancelled my cable. I am down to Netflix and Hulu subscriptions. Movie-wise, I only saw two movies in theater (yeah, it was that kind of year), I made up for it by listening to a ton of podcasts.
Television: Here are the shows I kept up with in 2015.
- From my Netflix & Hulu Queue : Crossing Lines // Broadchurch // The Great British Baking Show // Death in Paradise // Life (why did this show get cancelled ?)
- On Television : Arrow // Blacklist // Brooklyn Nine Nine // Chicago P.D
Podcasts: This was the year of Podcasts. I discovered some new ones and rediscovered some old favorites. I cannot stop listening to -
- Serial - Unless you have been living under a rock, you have heard of this phenomenal podcast hosted by Sarah Koenig of This American Life fame. Season 2 just launched. Without giving anything away, Season 2 focuses on Sgt. Bowe Bergdah.
- Criminal - Simply put, this is the podcast for anyone who loves a good crime story. A few of my favorite episodes - Call you mom // Can't Rock this Boat // It looked like fire // No Place like home // 695BGK .
- 99% Invisible - One of my all time favorites which I rediscovered this year. If you enjoy design and how things are made, this is the podcast for you. A few episodes I recommend - Rajneeshpuram // The Sunshine Hotel // On Location // The Nutshell Studies
Music: The most played songs from my Itunes library this year.
- Housefires II's Good Good Father
- Hillsong's Love on the Line
- Keith Urban's John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16
- Leon Bridges' Coming Home
- Dela's cover of Adele's Hello in Swahili (here)
- Adele's Hello
- Kiss Daniel's Laye
- Dr Sid's Kabiyesi
Movies: Most of my movie watching was limited to Netflix and Cross Atlantic Flights, my favorites are:
- South Paw
- War Room
- Mr. Holmes
- Unlocking Sherlock (Documentary)
There it is - all of my favorite things from 2015. What were some of your favorite things from 2015 ? Share below.