Magic Kingdom is my favorite of the three parks I have visited so far and I will gladly return if budget and timing align. I debated sharing this post since I already shared a guide, but there were too many special moments during our time at the Magic Kingdom - the trip needed one more post. In no particular order, here are my highlights from Disney's Magic Kingdom
1. Get a picture with a Character. Because you are at Disney. - I did not get to do this and I regret it now and wish I had waited in line.
2. Cinderella Castle. This is the symbol of Disney's Magic Kingdom and you cannot miss it as you arrive at the park. You can go into the castle for a fairy tale experience or you can view Mickey's royal friendship faire from the castle stage.
3. Festival of Fantasy. My friend called this Disney's version of Mardi Gras. Large, detailed, colorful floats accompanied by performers in costume along with song and dance. Don't miss the Maleficent float (it breathes fire).
4. Space Mountain. My favorite of the Magic Kingdom rides. If there is a Magic Kingdom attraction to use your FastPass - this will be the one.
5. The happily ever after parade. After a long day at the park, there was no better way to close out our time at Magic Kingdom. We viewed it from main street. It was utterly magical. If you can, stake your spot at least an hour before the show begins.